When the temperature rises, our palate often crave something refreshing and light. This delicious and easy pasta is perfect for that. It is inspired by one of my favorite Jamie Oliver's crew members, Gennaro from "Two Greedy Italians." I love the way these guys interact with each other and their audience. I can never get sick of watching their videos. :) I made some veggie soup yesterday and got some leftover. So my little secret for today's simple pasta is to use a ladle of yesterday's veggie soup as an extra kick to the dish. I can tell you- it was GOOD. :D
It takes less than 15 minutes to make and pack with nutrients. I think it is a perfect lunch for the busy bees to last through the day.
Servings: 1 person
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
100g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 chili, de-seeded, finely chopped
2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1-2 basil sprig, chopped
1 ladle vegetable soup stock/cooked pasta water
1/2 lemon zest
1 tbsp grated parmesan
100g spaghetti, cook according to the package label
extra-virgin olive oil
1) Cook the pasta in a boiling pot and remove the pasta 1 minute earlier according to the package label.
2) Preheat a sauce pan with oil on medium low heat, add garlic and chili. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Make sure you stir and reduce heat (if necessary) to avoid burning the garlic.
3) Add the chopped basil and cherry tomatoes, cook for 3-5 minutes.
4) Add a ladle of vegetable stock to the sauce pan.
5) Add the "almost" cooked pasta to the sauce pan and mix well on low heat for about 1 minute. Heat off and season.
6) Garnish with some small basil leaves, lemon zest and grated parmesan. Add a drizzle of olive oil and serve.