I still got two halved capsicums sitting in my fridge and some extra tortilla wraps. Since brunch is my favorite meal of the day, I'm gonna whip up the boy's favorite egg dish. Both Marco and my brother love this wrap for some odd reasons. :) I added a dash of A&B pepper sauce to my wraps because I like them a little spicy.
Servings: 4 wraps
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
1/2 green capsicum, julienne
1/2 red capsicum, julienne
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1tbsp cumin powder
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
4 tortilla wraps
4 tbsp mayonnaise
extra-virgin olive oil
1) Preheat a frying pan with olive oil on medium heat, add onion and capsicums. Cook for 5-10 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid burning the vegetables. Add cumin powder and season.
2) Whisk 4 eggs in a bowl. Season. Add them to the frying pan with the vegetables. Cook for 3-5 minutes on low heat. Turn off the heat.
3) Preheat the oven at 180ºC.
4) Place the tortilla wraps on a baking dish. Spread a tablespoon of mayonnaise evenly on each tortilla wrap. Transfer 1/4 of the vegetable omelette to the center of each tortilla wrap. Sprinkle some grated cheddar cheese to the omelette. Fold the two ends of each tortilla wrap gently before rolling. This will prevent the filling from falling out of the wraps.
5) Bake the wraps in the oven for 2 minutes on each side.
6) Transfer the wraps to a serving dish with some greens on the side if you like. And they are ready to serve! :P