This recipe is inspired by chef Gordon Ramsay. Lately, I've been hooked on watching his home cooking episodes. Some of his recipes are very easy and hands-on. Since today is Cinco de Mayo, I figure I should make something to celebrate this special day.
Servings: 4 persons
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
1/2 green capsicum, diced
1/2 red capsicum, diced
1 chili, deseeded, finely chopped
1 red onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 can black bean, drained
1 can chopped tomato
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cumin powder
50g grated cheddar cheese
3-4 tortilla wraps, halved
2 tbsp pepper sauce
extra-virgin olive oil
1) Preheat a frying pan with olive oil on medium heat, add onion, garlic, chili, and capsicum. Cook for 5 minutes.
2) Add the chopped tomato and cook for 3 minutes, then add the black beans; Place a lid on and simmer for 5 minutes on medium low heat. Add brown sugar, cumin and season.
3) Preheat the oven at 180ºC.
4) Season a baking dish and drizzle a little olive oil.
5) Place the halved tortilla wraps around the baking dish.
6) Transfer the bean mixture to the baking dish.
7) Make four hollow holes on the bean mixture by pressing with a tablespoon and crack an egg to fill each hole.
8) Sprinkle the grated cheese on top. Bake for 10 minutes.
9) Serve with a splash of pepper sauce and garnish with coriander if you have any. :)