For the past few days, I've devoted a lot of time to reading heaps of different kinds of books and articles, from photography to styling, cooking to writing, and blogging to language speaking. I jumped from topic to topic every hour or so. It seems endless when it comes to learning. An anxiety forcibly arises inside me, feeling as there is too little time yet so much to learn. I start to find my time precious. And I am indeed SO behind. Today's world is changing so fast causing my focus constantly shifting to adapt. This whole multi-tasking culture is becoming hard to follow especially if I want to deliver something with values at the same time. I would need to invest more time. All I'm trying right now is to keep up. I have no idea where all this gorging leads to but the one thing I know is -- try. Just try. I'll never know unless I try. "Try with an open heart and an open mind," as Marco always reminds me.
For the crepes:
Servings: 6 crepes
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp butter, melted
1) Whisk the eggs and flour in a large bowl, add milk and water. Stir until smooth.
2) Add salt and butter. Stir well.
3) Preheat a frying pan with a little oil/butter on medium-low heat.
4) Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter to the frying pan and tilt the pan to make a thin round layer, cook for 1-2 minutes on this side, then use a spatula to flip to the other side and cook for another 1 minute. Just don't burn the crepe. Lower the heat if you need to. :)
Servings: 2 persons (I used 4 crepes)
For the mushroom and cheese filling:
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
250-300g baby oyster mushrooms
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup grated mixed cheeses ( cheddar and mozzarella)
1/4 glass white wine
1/2 cup milk/cream
1 tbsp chopped parsley
extra-virgin olive oil
1) Preheat a frying pan with a little olive oil and an oven at 180ºC.
2) Add onion and stir to cook for about 10 minutes until the onion is caramelized on medium-low heat.
3) Add mushroom and turn the heat to medium-high, mix the onion and mushroom evenly. Add white wine and allow the alcohol to evaporate. Reduce heat after.
4) Add milk/cream. Mix well. Season. Heat off.
5) Transfer the mushroom and onion mixture to a baking dish. Add cheese on top and bake for 5-10 minutes.
6) Fill each crepe with 2-3 tbsp of the creamy mushroom n' cheese filling and start to roll each of them.
7) Garnish with a little chopped parsley before serving. :)