This is another no-brainer salad recipe. It might take a bit of time for preparing the crispy tofu BUT it's all worth it. This is the kind of salad that any meat lovers would appreciate because it is just so tasty. The steps are simple and let me go straight to its recipe.
Stay warm everyone!
Servings: 2 small bowls for 2 persons or 1 large bowl for 1 very hungry person
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: less than 10 minutes
100g cooked soba, rinsed with cold water and drained
1/2 carrot, julienned
50-80g extra-firm tofu, cubed
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 whisked egg
1-2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp paprika
1 large bowl mixed greens
1 handful chopped spring onions
1 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Miso dressing ingredients:
2-3 tbsp white miso paste
1/4 cup water
1/2 garlic clove, finely chopped
1/2 green and 1/2 red chili, finely chopped
1 tsp fresh grated ginger
1 fresh lime zest and juice
1-2 tbsp honey
1-2 tsp sesame oil
1) Mix breadcrumbs, garlic powder, and paprika in a regular size bowl. Season. Mix well.
2) Whisk an egg in another bowl, coat the tofu with egg first then follow by coating with breadcrumbs. Set aside.
3) Preheat a frying pan with oil on medium-low heat, cook the tofu for 1-2 minutes then turn to the other side and cook for 1 minute. (Make sure you don’t burn the tofu. If your oil is too hot, then reduce your heat)
4) For the dressing, mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
5) Get a large bowl, add the mixed greens, carrots, and soba noodles. Mix well.
7) Place your crispy tofu on top of the salad and garnish with some chopped spring onions and coriander(optional).
8) Serve with a twist of lime juice, a drizzle of olive oil, and the spicy miso-lime dressing on the side.