As you can see, I've been obsessed in dough making these days. My reasons are simple. 1) I have control with my ingredients and 2) I like to eat bread when it is fresh out of the oven. The only problem is that it takes a bit of time to make bread. So it's not so easy for many of us during the week.
So far, I think pita bread is probably one of the easiest to make. It still requires a good couple of hours. I like pita because it is light and it goes with a lot of vegetables. I found this recipe on Pinterest as usual. The blog is called Yummy Healthy Easy. Just like the blog's name, this whole wheat pita bread recipe is yummy, healthy and easy.
I wish you a good week ahead.
Servings: 6 pita
Preparation Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
2 cups warm water
1 tsp sugar
4 tsp dry yeast
4 cups whole wheat flour
1 tbsp salt
1) In a mixing bowl, combine water, sugar, and yeast. Let it sit for 3-5 minutes for the mixture to foam up.
2) Stir in salt and flour. Knead with your hands for a couple minutes. Let rise for 30 minutes cover with a damp towel.
3) Preheat oven at 240ºC. Divide dough into 6 balls evenly. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each dough into an 8" circle with a rolling pin.
4) Place the doughs on a lightly greased baking sheet on the baking tray, bake for 8-10 minutes. Beware not to over bake.
5) Divide the bread in half and add fillings to each pocket as you desire.
Ingredients for the veggie whole wheat pita sandwich:
crispy tofu in squares (recipe is here)